New Post - www.oldireland.ie

Ian

Another week, another rant.

Ian

Ian

Damned tradesmen! A tale of poor service.

Ian

Insane, just insane!

Ian

Strange times we live in ..
Aren't they just. It has been so hectic here getting people set up for home working and supporting the first few days that I haven't even logged onto the net for about a week. Thankfully things look to be calming down today (fingers crossed). We even had a couple of users trying to connect with old PC's that were still running on Windows XP! It has to be at least five or six years since that was even supported?

Look after yourselves everybody. Stay Safe.

Last edited:

Ian

A few ideas for free entertainment during the lockdown.

Ian

The funny side of Corona. A small collection of the humour that it has generated.

Ian

This was tough to write; even after all these years.

Ian

Happy Easter Everyone. A good, and very detailed account of the Easter Rising, written at the time.

Ian

Something to distract you all from Covid. :)

Sounds like a fabulous place, Ian, and I really like the photos. I love islands and have visited most of the islands off the West of Ireland but none of the Scottish islands. It's great to remind ourselves of better times at the moment - hopefully they'll come again in the not too distant future.

Ian

Sounds like a fabulous place, Ian, and I really like the photos. I love islands and have visited most of the islands off the West of Ireland but none of the Scottish islands. It's great to remind ourselves of better times at the moment - hopefully they'll come again in the not too distant future.
Thanks Willow. You can see that in their scenery, and even their culture, the Scottish islands have a lot in common with our own west coast. They are all, both Scottish and Irish, truly magic places.

If you ever get a chance to watch one of the old Ealing Comedy films called 'The Maggie', Islay, and Port Chatlotte where we stayed are used as locations.

Ian

It was about time I posted something new I suppose. :)

More for the bikers though I'm afraid.

Ian

The North West 200 road races should have been run last weekend, but were yet another victim of the Corona crisis. BBC NI usually show coverage, so showed their Documentary on Joey and Robert Dunlop, and their families. Even if you don't like bikes or racing, the documentary is riveting, emotional stuff, about some of life's really good guys. It is available, free ion Iplayer for a few days yet, and a link is in this post.

HTML

HTML