Feature Requests?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If there's a particular feature you'd like to see please let us know below.

NB: we cannot guarantee that everything is possible, but it never hurts to ask

Grandad

That sort of stuff. Somewhere for people who aren't that familiar with problems that occur from time to time. The old Irish Webmaster Forum is greatly missed!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
That sort of stuff. Somewhere for people who aren't that familiar with problems that occur from time to time. The old Irish Webmaster Forum is greatly missed!
I've added a section for that
As for IWF - If I get a chance over the next couple of weeks I'll bring it back online...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, but you're a glutton for punishment!
Well it got taken offline for a silly reason and I didn't have time to get it back online.
I need to move it to a different server and also change the forum software over to the same thing I'm using here. XenForo seems to have a lot of useful features built-in and a simple licensing model, whereas vBulletin's licensing model just confuses the hell out of me ..

Grandad

Oh for the joys of not worrying about licenses! Have to rely on freebies here. Hope you have a good pension plan?!

Padraig

XenForo seems to have a lot of useful features built-in and a simple licensing model, whereas vBulletin's licensing model just confuses the hell out of me ..
XenForo is built by ex-devs of vBulletin that is why certain elements are similar to VB but since VB5 came out, it has slowly gone down hill. (Not to mention all the 0-Day exploits)

On topic, I use this on my XenForo forum, (more useful for your mneylon than ourselves) and that is to prevent spam registrations. I found this one to be the best. Just insert the country to deny and all good: Semprot Deny Country

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
XenForo is built by ex-devs of vBulletin that is why certain elements are similar to VB but since VB5 came out, it has slowly gone down hill. (Not to mention all the 0-Day exploits)

On topic, I use this on my XenForo forum, (more useful for your mneylon than ourselves) and that is to prevent spam registrations. I found this one to be the best. Just insert the country to deny and all good: Semprot Deny Country
Thanks - handy! I usually block certain "problematic" countries that seem to generate dodgy registrations + zero value :)
https://www.blocked.com/ is also handy, though I haven't looked at getting it to work with XenForo yet

HTML

HTML